Our parish is home to a very active St. Vincent de Paul Society, whose volunteer members come together regularly to enhance their personal spiritual growth and development. An outgrowth of this spirituality is the acting out of their faith commitment to serve others, including the needy of our immediate community, the greater Chicago community and the Church throughout Chicago. Our SVDP society sponsors several food drives throughout the calendar year, such as the popular SOUPer Bowl Sunday, held every year on NFL Super Bowl Sunday.
This organization's efforts are supported through the generosity of St. Juliana parishioners; and new members are always welcome! Contact the group here to become involved.
Looking for suggestions on the types of items that are needed? Here's a list. Monetary donations are always welcome, too.
- Canned Goods: Tuna, Chicken, Soups, Fruit & Juice
- Pasta Sauce & Pasta
- Rice, Crackers Instant Potatoes
- Peanut Butter Granola & Cereal
- Evaporated or Dry Milk
- Tea, Coffee
- Mayonnaise & Salad Dressings
- Infant Formula, Baby & Toddler Foods Diapers
- Bath Soap, Shampoo, Deodorant
- Laundry & Dish Detergent
- Kleenex. Paper Towel, Toilet Tissue
- Cleaning Products