You are currently viewing archive for August 2011
Math - Finish up pages 9+10. Hand it in tomorrow.
* Due to the heat, out of uniform tomorrow and Friday.
* I told the class that AR will start tomorrow. If the entire book is read, they will sign up on the white board. I will read a book to the class on Friday and we will all go down to the computer lab and take the test to get used to how the AR process works, like logging in, typing the book's name, and understanding their score.
* If you have an older child at this school, you can access the test results. If not, information will be given to you next Wednesday at Back to School Night.
* We did a project that you will see next Wednesday with our Reading Buddies, Mrs. Oh's 7th grade class. Ask who your child was paired with!
Spelling - Practice words for the test.
Reading - A Backpack page came home today focusing on being a fluent reader. Please practice it several times, focusing on speed, accuracy, and expression. This should stay at home. These reading passages will be coming home weekly.
* Remember to bring in any forms or money that may be due.
* We have Gym tomorrow, so please bring gym shoes if you haven't already.
* We have Mass tomorrow, so please be in uniform.
* Enjoy your night!
Spelling - Backpack Page 2 is coming home today. All of the 12 Memory Words will be tested as well as 3 of the Pattern Words (for a total of 15 words). This worksheet is to be kept at home to practice from. These Backpack pages will be sent home throughout the week, concentrating on specific skills. Spelling tests will be on Fridays.
Religion - We started Chapter 1 today. Please read and discuss the Take Home Page with your child.
* We took our first STAR test in the computer lab today. Results will be sent home tomorrow. We also learned about Safety on the computer.
Tuesday - Library and Music
Wednesday - Gym and Music
Thursday - Spanish and Gym
Friday - Art
* Please bring your lunch all next week. FSP starts September 6th.
* Have a fantastic Friday!
* If you still need to cover the Science and the Reading book, please do so.
* Don't forget a lunch tomorrow!
* Today we were introduced to the Superkids from our new Reading program. Ask your child who they are most like!
* Please bring in any forms that were in the business folder.
* It was great getting to know each other today with your brown bag items!
* Enjoy the beautiful day!
* Please bring your lunch today and tomorrow.
* Dismissal is at 2:00 today and every Thursday.
* We had a great and a very busy day today!
* Please cover the Science book and the small Reading book with a stretchy cover or the paper covers I gave out to those who wanted them. If you need a paper cover, just let me know.
* The white "Business Folder" will be coming back and forth when there are important papers from me or the office. The folder should be brought back to be kept in school.
* You can start bringing in your brown bag with items representing you tomorrow. We will do a few a day.
* See you tomorrow morning in the parking lot!
Well, it was great to meet all of you today! It was fun to see some familiar faces. Thanks so much for bringing in all your supplies ahead of time. Now we don't have to bother will all that tomorrow! See you in the morning! Remember, dismissal is at 11:30 and we will dismiss out the Touhy Avenue door that is closest to the church.