April 3, 2012
In attendance: Kathleen Barton, Fr. Steve Kanonik, Mark Baranek, Nancy Battaglia, Christopher Bielfeldt, Una Durkan, John Gallagher, Denise Javers, Jamie Kumiega, Mike MacGregor, Sue McInerney,Tim Neenan, Ken Platz, Jeff Rogers, John Ryder, Don Sondermann, Todd Steffen, and Mary Sugrue.
Meeting called to order at 7:10
1. Greetings and Introductions
2. Opening Prayer
3. March Meeting Minutes Approved
4. Principal’s Report
• Math Drills and Competition-The Archdiocese has set a goal for Number Sense Skills for 7th grade students. In order to reach the 90% goal for these skills, students have been working on the IXL math program . SJS is currently at 87% for Number Sense Skills.
• A group of seventh grade boys participated in St. Patrick High School’s Math Contest. They placed 5th out of 12 schools.
• Computer Lab and Mobile Lab- Third Quarter- Review of schedule, activities and projects being worked on during this time period.
• Sacraments-Students in grades 2-8will participate in a school penance service.
• Holy Thursday Prayer-Students will participate in hand washing to symbolize the washing of feet for Holy Thursday.
• Enrollment continues to hold steady.
• Preschool and Kindergarten Open House- April 24th-Tours continue for families interested in the 2012-13 school year. Possible May date still to be determined.
• Tots and Company-Parents with young children are invited to get to know other families in the parish. Attendance has been growing. See bulletin for future dates.
• Child Find- An Early intervention team will evaluate Pre-K and Kindergarten students during April for any need for related services.
• Athletic Board continues to work on creating extra teams at each grade level 5-8 in order to continue no cut policy. If you have questions about bylaws, they are on the school website.
• Grade Port-teachers are working to update grades on a regular basis.
• Safety continues to be a priority. Teachers and students have been reminded to send visitors to the office to check in.
5. Fr. Steve’s Report
• 5 year parish audit to take place during April. Report will be sent in May. St. Juliana continues to follow best practices recommended by the Archdiocese.
6. 2012/2013 School Board Nominations
• Received 3 nominations for new school board members.
• Reviewed candidate credentials. Motion was made to accept all candidates for the Board and passed. No election will be necessary this year.
7. Committee Reports
• Will meet with the parish council to discuss upcoming budget in April. Will then present to the School Board regarding outlook for next year’s tuition.
• TRIP sales at April Coffee, Tea and Thee were very successful. Would like to look into linking Coffee, Tea and Thee dates to Scout Mass days to ensure better attendance.
• Looking into ways to make using online TRIP program more user friendly.
• Working on a plan to rotate existing technology and setting up a maintenance fund.
• A big thanks to Todd and Melody Steffens for hosting this year’s BTB kickoff fundraiser!!
• Recycling of waste products was a priority for the Men’s Club Final Four party.
• No Report
8. Coffee, Tea, and Thee
• School Board hosted the April Coffee, Tea and Thee which was well attended. John Ryder will email May schedule.
9. New Items/Miscellaneous
• Jeff Rogers will send out an Evite for those interested in attending the movie Bully.
Meeting adjourned at 8:35.
Next Meeting Tuesday May 1, 2012. 7PM