Our parish is seeking a full-time Director of Music Ministry to energize our faith community to 'Experience Jesus' through music and song.
The Director of Music Ministry is a professional staff member who has a thorough understanding of Roman Catholic liturgy. This person of faith is responsible for the effective planning, coordination, and execution of music within the liturgical celebrations of the parish.
Anticipated start date: July 1, 2018
- Plans and selects appropriate music for all the liturgies.
- Collaborates with the clergy, Pastoral Council, school principal, coordinator of religious education, and other staff members.
- Encourages full and active participation of the congregation, with the intention of increasing Mass attendance and enhancing the Saint Juliana Sunday Experience.
- Recruits, encourages, and develops the talents of musicians, cantors, choral groups, and ringers.
- Manages the care of musical instruments, hand bells, and sound equipment.
- Manages the parish's music collection, orders new music, maintains subscriptions and licenses.
- Coordinates special liturgical events – funerals, weddings, etc.
- Prepares and manages the Music Ministry budget.
- Proficient at the piano, organ, and vocals, as well as any other instrument . Excellent sight reading skills are a plus.
- Experience in choral conducting for all age groups.
- Experience with playing and conducting in traditional and contemporary musical styles incorporating various musical instruments.
- Be familiar with media technology and visual communication.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent and minimum of 2 years experience in a liturgical role.